29 October 2013

Foodie Tuesday | Keeping It Real (Roasted Pumpkin Quiche)

Originally I had an amazing Roasted Pumpkin Quiche recipe lined up to share with you today, that I sourced from The Little Teochew (one of my new favourite foodie blogs).

Seriously. Isn't it pretty? Photo magic credited to The Little Teochew.


  
I've been meaning to bake and photograph it for three weeks now and every day, something pops up to knock it off my menu list. It's just never felt like the right night for roasting, peeling, whisking and baking. Also, fiddling with phyllo pastry makes me nervous so I think I've been (not-so-) secretly avoiding it.

Then we had an absolute catastrophe at Casa Kilfoyle wherein a plague of locusts descended upon us, the house burned down and all of our electronics spontaneously combusted.

Everything except that last part is a lie.

What actually happened is that within 16 hours of one another, our laptop broke and my phone died. I've been DAYS with limited-to-no technology.

That last bit can't be understated: NO. TECHNOLOGY.

ZERO.

I thought I was going to die.

And if you're thinking, Seriously? She's had all this time on her hands and still she can't get off her duff and make a pumpkin quiche? Wow. She sucks. Well... you're probably right. Sorry.

Anyway, in the interests of "keeping it real" I didn't actually make this recipe. But it looks awesome and I didn't want to skip a Tuesday, so we'll just assume together that it tastes as awesome as it looks.

And if I do ever get around to baking it, you'll be the first to know.

xo April

PS - Next week I have a real, actual, fully-cooked-in-my-own-kitchen recipe. It's a fab one, so don't miss it!