01 September 2013

House Stalking | Nate Berkus

You guys, I can't overstate how much I love Nate Berkus. Oprah really struck gold with this one and even though I generally make it my life's mission to do/love everything Oprah says except the total opposite of that thing I just said, when it comes to Nate Berkus, I'm a convert and a supporter.

I would eat him up like a big ol' bag of Turtles.

I'm almost positive we're destined to be besties. BFFs. Me, him and Tommy Smythe.

The Three (Adorable) Musketeers (of Awesomeness).

Anyway, not only do I love everything about Nate Berkus: The Man, I also love Nate Berkus: The Designer. Specifically, I love Nate Berkus' house. I'd like to move in (clearly I'll need to time-share with Nate, Mike D and Ellen Pompeo. I can't be in three places at once, obviously. That's just ridiculous.) Nate exemplifies the beautifully curated, well organized decorating to which I aspire.

Impossible not to love








































  
Nate's Manhattan duplex - featured in Architectural Digest - is a wonder of symmetry and proportion. I think that's what I like best about it, that sense of balance. It feels easy. Comfortable.

Also, I dig a masculine look that doesn't scream "I'M A GUY!" a la the weight machine in the living room or mirrored ceilings (ewwww). He's a designer, so I'll grant you that weight machines aren't very likely in his world (at least, outside the gym) but this dude is all over classy while still being friendly. I like that a lot.

This kitchen makes me swoon.

A paragon of beautiful, stylish organization

Symmetry makes my heart go boom badoom boom, boom badoom boom, baby


For more of Nate's incredible pad, click over to Architectural Digest for the full, 21-photo tour. There's also a great article (an oldie - from 2012 - but a goodie) that will make you fall in love with him even more.


Photo credits: Pieter Estersohn for Architectural Digest