27 September 2013

Be Our Guest | Princess Margaret Lottery Show Home

We're heeeeere! If you're curious, that's the one-and-only Lynne Knowlton "riding the pony" on the sidewalk.





















       
Earlier this month I was lucky enough to receive an invitation to a blogger social and guided tour (by none other than Brian Gluckstein himself) of the Gluckstein-designed 2013 Princess Margaret Lottery Show Home. I may or may not have engaged in a Happy Dance resembling the Hokey Pokey on crack.

Fast forward to this past Wednesday, when I wriggled into my favourite dress and joined a group of amazing bloggers for a fabulous evening of socializing, networking, design-admiration and home-envy. It was kind of a big deal. 

It goes without saying that I would move in to this house in a heartbeat. Or does it need to be said? If so, mission accomplished. Bottom line: I secretly tried to move my luggage in and stake a claim. I was thwarted.

However, IF you purchase a ticket to the Princess Margaret lottery (officially, the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre Welcome Home Sweepstakes) and IF you win, this house could be YOURS. 

ALL YOURS.

And you'd be contributing to a great cause. That's win-win in my book.

In the meantime, because I love you, I thought I'd take you on a walking tour in photos through the house. Also, I know you'll need to plan where your family mementos will go and who gets which bedroom for when you win. I'm a planner, too, so I get you.

Ready, Freddie? Let's go.

The Foyer. Welcome home.
   
Library
 
Formal Living Room
 
View through the house, from front to back
   
Dining Room
   
The Kitchen.... Oh my gosh, the KITCHEN. I died.
   
Media Room. I dig the integration of the television into the gallery wall. TV in "disguise".
   
Second Floor Landing. Gallery walls of framed photographs and a statement table adorned with a collection of terrariums made this space a destination rather than a pass-through.
   
Bedroom - one of five, in total.
   
Master Bedroom
   
Master Bath. I died AGAIN.
   
Basement Wet Bar

   
Basement Family Room. This is my FAVOURITE room in the house. That double-wide couch just speaks to me. I want to date it.
 
I took so many more photos of this beautiful, beautiful space, which I'll share with you in the next few weeks. I was enthralled with the attention to detail paid to each and every room; especially amazing when you consider the build took just five months from demo to completion (may I remind you that it took us nearly a year to renovate a 9' x 12' bathroom? So yes, building and decorating an entire house from scratch in just 20 weeks sort of blew my mind.)

Specifically, I am obsessed (OBSESSED) with the lighting choices of BG and team in this home. Expect a post very soon focused exclusively on celebrating the fixtures. It's going to be glorious.

But this post would not be complete without a photo of the mastermind behind the Blogger Social, Cheryl Kozoriz, GlucksteinHome's Marketing and Communications Manager. Is this girl gorgeous or what?! (hint: she is.) And crazy-good at what she does.

Cheryl



And of course, the man of the hour himself, Brian Gluckstein.

Brian. Like you couldn't guess.



Not a winner of a picture, unfortunately, but I did forewarn him that all the terrible photos of him circulating online are courtesy of me, and I apologized in advance. My terribly bad shutterbugging doesn't at all convey my gratitude so I should probably just say it again to be safe.

Thank you to everyone at GlucksteinHome who made Wednesday evening possible, and for creating such a gorgeous home for such an amazing cause: Brian, Cheryl, Victoria and team.... you've done an outstanding job. 

Don't forget to get your ticket sooner rather than later: they're 50% sold out already! Good luck!!