So when I actually buckle down and spend some time completing those insignificant, prickly little jobs that spend so much of their time making me nuts, I'm amazed at the sense of relief. They're like little slivers, those jobs, and you don't realize how annoying they really are until you've worked them out. Do you feel the same?
This week instead of focusing on the big cleaning projects that need to be done (which still need to be done), I spent some time tackling my "itchy" tasks and man, does it feel good to have done them!! Yes, the dining room still needs to be dusted and yes, the Christmas tree still needs to come down, but I feel like I can tackle the whole house now that the junk drawer is organized. I have mastery over my batteries and string, therefore I have mastery over my entire domain ... mwah-ha-ha!! Sort of crazy, but totally true.
As crazy as it may be, here are the ten things that brought me joy this week:
1. The junk drawer knows who's boss around here. (Interesting note: inside the junk drawer was truly junk. Notable among the piles of crap were 114 packets of assorted soy, plum, mild and hot sauces, 6 faux pearls, 4 bread tags and 1 quarter. Weird.)
2. I replaced A's old doorknob (that kept falling off) with a brand spanking new one.
3. A's cork board is hung!
4. My school projects are collected from all over the house and filed away in storage.
5. Some artwork is finally up!! (ignore the clutter on the desk ... it's on its way to being clean!)
6. The kitchen cork- and chalkboard is edited and organized (sexy wallpaper, huh?)
7. The Goodwill pile has actually gone to Goodwill (including the chair).
8. I finally (finally!) got around to connecting my little Nano to iTunes (a gift from Christmas 2009 ... how sad) and have started to create some playlists
9. I organized the bookshelves. Again.
10. I took my girl to the ROM and spent the whole day enjoying her amazement at dinosaurs, gemstones, wild animals and mummies.
And that's what I call a week well spent ....