10 January 2012

Inspiration Gallery #13 | Seasonal Homes

My house has a favourite season, and it's winter.  And yes, I'm being totally serious.  To clarify, winter is not my favourite season (though it runs a close second to fall), it's the house's.  And I don't know why it likes winter so much, but our house is at its prettiest, warmest and most welcoming ~ at its very best, really ~ from mid-December until the end of March.  It's been that way since as long as I can remember.

So I'm sharing this with you not because I'm a glutton for punishment and enjoy opening myself up to ridicule (though generally both those statements are true sometimes, to varying degrees) but because I've been working pretty tirelessly on the house for the past week and every now and again I look around and think, Yup, you're in your prime right now.  This is a good season for you.  And it shows.  The whole house feels like it's preening like a peacock and why shouldn't it?  The temperature is dropping, the sun weakly streams in the windows to make all the rooms glow and on top of it all, we're paying it some serious attention.  No wonder it's flicking its hair back and giggling every time we look around it.


But since I can't be the only one who owns a house that likes certain seasons, this edition of the Inspiration Gallery is dedicated to all those houses who look and act their very best on a seasonal basis; enjoy the tour!


Cool and collected like a dip in the pool ... definitely a "summer"
via here

Score one for beautiful winter
via here
With her colouring?  Has to be a spring ...
via here

Too pretty not to be a spring
via here
Perfectly autumnal (and can I say, hello room envy!)
via here
Winter and this room were made for one another
via here
So very, gorgeously summer (doesn't it just feel like you're at the beach?)
via here
Beautiful fall colours make this autumn room shine
via here
Bonus room for autumn just because it's my favourite season.  Even though the maple branches and pumpkins are a tip off to the weather, I still would have said fall ... it's all in the homey vibe
via here

So am I the only whose house has a seasonal preference? (please tell me I'm not ...)  When is your home's favourite time of year?