This morning, however, I opened my Outlook to find Style at Home's most recent e-newsletter, 35+ Cost Efficient Ways to Prepare for Winter. Vindication! Baby, it's [getting] cold outside, and here are some of my favourite ideas to prep your home and yourself for the season of holiday and hibernation:
Preparing your home for winter
Stock Up On Wine
Update your home with fresh flowers, candles, cushions and throws. Accessories can change the mood and dynamic of a space. For colour, choose pieces in warm hues like rich red and deep orange, and you'll be sure to raise your room's temperature.
These are just a few tips and tricks that caught my eye, but there are many more: check out the whole helpful list here. What are your traditions and habits getting ready for winter? Do you do anything special?
1. Seal Your Windows image via here
2. Don't Forget About Heating Maintenance image via here
3. Prepare Your Hearth for a Fire image via here
4. Stock Up On Wine image via here
5. Add Flowers to Your Decor image via here
6. Get Started on Greeting Cards image via here
7. Add Warmth With Light image via here
8. Accessorize! image via here