25 July 2011

'Schooooool's - Out - For - SUMMER!"

Thank you, Alice Cooper.

On Saturday I submitted my final two projects for my drafting course, thus wrapping up my second course overall and school for the summer holidays.  Yay!  I hugely enjoyed the class but am also looking forward to the break in August - from everything! - and to spending my days tackling my task list.  Since I
threatened promised to keep you updated on my progress at school and since it's not every day that I draft an entire condo plan, I thought I would share a step-by-step photo montage of my final project: a little stroll down so-recent-it-can-barely-be-called-a-Memory Lane, if you will (if pencil drawings bore you, now is the time to suddenly remember something very important that you have to do, and exit quickly!):

A nearly-finished view of the north wall of that kitchen I was working on early last week








I'm sure there are many who could easily point out all the mistakes that I made (I know there are lots, but please don't) but I think it's not too shabby for a first effort.  And yes, there are plenty of changes I would make to the layout that in hindsight I don't care for.  But once I'd laid pencil to vellum I wasn't about to erase anything so we'll just live with the dining room in an odd position, thanks, and I'll know better for next time.  Anyways, it was a fun experience and I can't wait to employ these new-found skills in real life!  Anyone need a draft of their house, just for fun?  I could use the practice!  :)