22 July 2011

A Blog within a Blog: 'Mastership Wright' on Target

They say there's a first time for everything, and now is as good a time as any to test out the old link-to-another-post/blog-that-I-admire.  Cruising around my favourite blogs (visit my "Who I'm Reading" section for details), I came across this bit of fabulousness that I just had to share.

Canada is many things - green, fresh and spacious among them - but we are a very young country with very young architecture to match.  Our sense of history is not as deep (for obvious reasons) so when I happen upon beautiful architecture like
this


that looks on the inside like this



all photos via Desire to Inspire

I can't help but feel all squashy inside.  I don't know if I could actually live in this type of deconstructed history all of the time (though I'm game enough to try, and I know for sure that I could make myself comfortable enough in that kitchen!) but something about it just makes my heart go pitty-pat when I look at it.  Check out the entire amazing post HERE.

And if you're casting about for something to do this weekend (and, as it always goes, you're local to Milton, Ontario), check out the
Gadsden's Midsummer Antique Expo taking place tomorrow {July 23} between 8am and 4pm.  Details are here.  Hosted by the organizers of the Christie Antique Shows and featuring over 120 dealers, it promises to be a great shop on a lovely day.  Admission is $10, and kids are free!

Have a great weekend!